Sunday, March 9, 2008

Week 6 - flickr



The ability to search an unlimited number of pictures was pretty cool. I started by looking at some pics I thought would be cool. Then while I was looking at somebody’s sets that they had tagged, I found some other cool pics.

In looking at the all those pics on flickr, I saw this and I SO WANT ONE!!! Street legal bumper cars?! Are you kidding me?! Maybe my wife will see it and I can get it for my birthday.

Tagging is important to help accurately find what you are looking for. If not properly tagged, then it’s possible that nobody will ever find a picture. I guess if you don’t ever want anybody to find your picture, then don’t tag it. I wonder if it works that way?

I did the ID Badge just for fun, and it was pretty cool. I wouldn’t mind printing up a little nametag of myself saying, “hello and I’m the head dork of this department. If you don’t like what I say, blow it out your piehole.” Then of course, I better not.

That people will share just about anything on the internet through flickr and through other websites. It’s interesting the amount of stuff that’s out there. I could get lost in flickr just looking at all the different things people want to share.

I’m sure I’m not the only one that has said this and included the library 365 program in their reflection. I think it’s great that flickr allows us to showcase what we have going on. Publicizing programs is one thing, but publicizing a program and showing the pics from last year’s program I think brings a new element to having people show interest in a library program.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, you've completed Week 6!

Will you make badges for us too? :) And I agree, the library is doing a great job with Flickr. It's a great way for people to see all of the wonderful things that we do here.