Sunday, February 3, 2008
Superbowl Spectacular
Ok, for those of you Patriots fans, it wasn't a really spectacular Superbowl. Then again this blog is not about sports, it's supposed to be about my kids. Well the spectacular part is how my wife and my kids let me enjoy today without hassle... well little anyway. The kids were wonderful behaving the way they did, and it really was a long day for them telling them that they can't bother dad even if he's right next to them. And the Superbowl isn't just the game. It's all about the pregame, the game, the post game. Usually during games, I can take breaks during commercials to acknowledge them. I tried to do that, but even the Superbowl commercials can be as much entertainment as the game itself. My wife laid out a killer spread for us to enjoy during the game, so instead of acknowledging the kids, I acknowledged my belly. Well, all this to say that today I felt like I was there for them only for half the day and neglectful the rest. To top it off, they were sick, so my wife handled them and she was awesome today! But I wish there was just some way for me to really express to them that I appreciated that they were so good today. They behaved like little angels and let all of us enjoy the Superbowl, which as some of you know I regard to be a holiday as important as Christmas. Kids, daddy loves you. Thanks for being you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment