Oh man, so much has happened since my last post. I should've posted a long time ago. So here's some catch up on June, then I'll move on to July. On JJ's birthday, I took the day off so that I could spend some quality time with him. I asked him what he wanted to do. The only thing he wanted to do was go to this certain pet shop where he saw some sharks. I said, that's it?! So to get his imagination going, I took him to the mall. I said pick out whatever you want, except toys or video games, and we'll make sure to get it for you. He picked out a cool pair Sideout shorts and a shirt that he thought made him look like a rock star! (Here's where I should put his picture with his new duds, but I'm a dud and I don't have those pics.) The only other thing he wanted was a boba or a slushy or something like that. We took him out for some ice cream, but I don't think he's had it yet. I think it's still in the freezer. When we got home, a nice little bbq at his request with our immediate family, and that was nice. By the way, I think I still owe him that boba.
Well, for the joint birthday party for the 2 boys, they got some cool stuff. Lots of toys we haven't opened yet. Lots of clothes. But I think the highlight is the Wii that we all got. I say we all, because the 2 boys are not the only ones that enjoy it. Steph won't admit it, but I'll confess it here, she and I sometimes wait for the boys to hit the sack so that we can bowl on Wii Sports.
On June 28th, I went to the ALA Convention in Anaheim. Yes, I got a lot of ribbing from my brother about me going to a librarian's convention, on my birthday nonetheless. He even harassed me while I was in the convention. Well, that was the funny part. But the really cool part was that I volunteered at ALA. Again another geeky moment, but bare with me. I volunteered for two 2-hour shifts. My first 2-hour shift got me into the convention for free and paid for my parking. My second 2-hour shift got me into Disneyland for free. Not bad if I do say so myself. The absolute best part is that the wife and kids actually carpooled with me to Anaheim in the morning. They spent the day in Disneyland while I did the ALA thing. Then after my pm shift, I met up with themm at Disneyland. Now here's the kicker... I wouldn't consider Star Tours a real roller coaster ride, but for a 3 yr old and a 6 yr old, that's pretty big. JJ had been on it before and he didn't like it, but it was Jayden's first time. I'm glad I was able to join both of them the first time they both enjoyed it! They were all smiles afterwards. They we hit up Buzz Lightyear for what has become a Disneyland ritual of a ride then emailing our picture. By the way, the Disneyland food, souvenirs, and treats were all covered by Rosemary's friend Liz (who got the wife and kids in for free for the day) and mom and pop's generosity of a Disney gift card which paid for a bunch of meals and souvenirs.
That was June... now here's a brief update for July. I hope to add more later with pics. JJ's lost another tooth and is finally getting his 2 front teeth back. Jayden's birthday is coming up and I plan on spending the day with him as well. His highlight is that he got bumped up to level 2 in his swim classes. Good job Jayden! Daddy's really proud of you. Even if you didn't make it, you know that no matter what, Daddy still loves you! Juice is officially walking! Usually she takes 2-3 steps at a time. But today, she walked back and forth between pops and myself on the dining table. Again, another moment where I need to put up pics, but I appear to be failing at having my camera handy. I do hope to post pics soon. I don't want to forget to mention that Juicy is turning 1 on August 1st. I'm so excited to spend time with the kids. I love you guys.
I love my CuriousGonzos
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment